Do any of these 18 facts sound familiar to you or
1. A society that has refused your application for membership because of your age or state of health !
2. An organization, synagogue or group in your old neighborhood that continues to charge high yearly dues even though you only need their cemetery grounds and burial benefits if they still give them !
3. A society that has dissolved and left you and your family without economical funeral protection !
4. A society secretary that is not available when there is
a question, or worse, at the time of an emergency !
5. A family club that only provides a grave and you must pay top price for the funeral home arrangements !
6. A group that no longer has graves available where you want them and then restricts you and your family from the cemetery of your choice !
7. A group that unfortunately has aging or no leadership, a group without interested young members who will guarantee that someone will be there 24 hours a day when you need them !
8. A society that can only give your family a very small cash allowance !
9. Advocates that promote and encourage fancy or high priced funerals without any regard for your ability to pay !
10. You are encouraged or forced to call an expensive chapel chosen by others without any consideration for the cost of the funeral !
11. No one gives you information about the actual funeral prices while advising you to use a particular chapel and after completing all the plans and asked to sign a contract you finally realize what it will cost !
12. You have nothing other than a grave reserved leaving you with no protection against spending more than you should or more than your family can afford for the rest of the funeral expenses !
13. You are led to believe that a friend or a relative who may have arranged a few funerals in the past is an expert able to advise or make decisions for you !
14. You were promised a grave and have no papers to prove you're really entitled to its use or where it is specifically located !
15. You were given a letter or an official looking document for rights or ownership of a grave from a group or anyone other than a cemetery and have no verification or proof of its validity !
16. You know that neither you or your family has any idea what to expect when a funeral must be arranged !
17. You fear discussing or even thinking about funeral arrangements for yourself or members of your family !
18. You don't know of a professional consumer advocate organization that effectively assists many hundreds of families arrange a funeral each year, helping them with patience and compassion !
The only solution
to these problems and
when it comes to
and peace of mind
United Hebrew Community of N.Y.
Return to Home Page